Mobile devices are used to surf the Internet and read. Many users managed to collect a library on their hard drive, and would like to have access on an Apple tablet. Let’s figure out how to download a book to an iPad from a computer.
How to download a book to ipad from computer using iBooks
If you need to copy files in a format supported by the standard Apple reader, proceed as follows:
- On the iPad, install a version of iTunes multiplayer that is compatible with the installed operating system (by default, it is installed only with Windows 10).
- We connect via cable.
- Activate multiplayer.
- We are waiting for the connection.
- Activate the main icon (it is usually located in the upper right corner of the screen).
- Select the item “Settings”.
- We enter the “On device” block and select the “Books” section.
- We transfer everything you need to memory.
- Launch iBooks and find the downloaded works.
On a PC, you will need an OS level of at least Windows 7. The early ones cannot establish a connection with Apple hardware.
Download for third party readers
In addition to EPub or PDF, there are other file options for reading – for example, FB2, which are not supported by Apple. For them, special reader applications are used. How to transfer book from computer to ipad for these readers?
The algorithm of actions looks like this:
- In the App Store, download a program to work with the required type of information.
- Connect via USB.
- In multiplayer, open the main icon and go to the “Shared files” section.
- Choose an application that will work with books.
- Activate “Add”.
- On the computer, select what we want to record.
- Data transfer is in progress.
We record using WI-Fi sync
If the PC has WI-Fi capability, life can be made easier by updating information through synchronization. How to add books to ipad from computer in this way? This is done like this:
- For the first time, connect via USB.
- Activate the settings.
- In the “Parameters” section, enable the “Synchronize” option.
- We indicate the types of files or a section for comparison and replacement with the current versions when changes are made.
- Apply changes to the parameters.
The procedure is over. Each time the wireless connection is turned on and the device is connected to a power source, the data will be compared and the changed files will be replaced with the current versions. The question of how to download books to the iPad from a computer will no longer stand: new ones will be copied automatically.
Attention: if you delete information on the computer, it will be erased on the tablet after the next session.