Mobile devices are used for accessing the Internet and reading. Many users have managed to build a library on their hard drive and would like to have access to an Apple tablet. Let’s figure out how to download a book to an iPad from a computer.
How to download a book to your iPad from your computer using iBooks
If you want to copy files in a format supported by the standard Apple reader, proceed as follows:
- On the iPad, install the iTunes multiplayer version that is compatible with the installed operating system (by default, it is installed only with Windows 10).
- Connect via a cable.
- Activate multiplayer.
- Waiting for the connection.
- Activate the main icon (it is usually located in the upper right corner of the screen).
- Select “Settings”.
- Enter the “On Device” section and select the “Books” section.
- Transfer everything you need to memory.
- Launch iBooks and find the downloaded works.
On a PC, you will need an OS level of at least Windows 7. The early ones can not establish a connection with Apple hardware.
Download for third-party readers
In addition to EPub or PDF, there are other options for reading files – for example, FB2, which are not supported by Apple. Special reader applications are used for them. How do I transfer a book from my computer to my iPad for these readers?
The algorithm of actions looks like this:
- In the App Store, download the program to work with the desired type of information.
- Connect via USB.
- In multiplayer, open the main icon and go to the “Shared files” section.
- Select the application that will work with books.
- Activate “Add”.
- On the computer, select what you want to record.
- Data is being transferred.
Recording via WI-Fi sync
If the PC can work over WI-Fi, you can simplify your life by updating information using synchronization. How do I add books to my iPad from my computer this way? This is how it is done:
- Connect via USB for the first time.
- Activate the settings.
- In the “Settings” section, enable the “Sync” option.
- Specify the file types or the section to compare and replace with the current versions when changing.
- Apply the changes in the parameters.
The procedure is finished. Each time the wireless connection is turned on and the device is connected to a power source, the data will be compared and the changed files will be replaced with the current versions. The question of how to download books to your iPad from your computer will no longer stand: new ones will be copied automatically.
Note: If you delete information on your computer, it will also be erased on your tablet after the next session.