The modern readership is allowed to choose the format of the work they like: paper or electronic version. E-books are downloaded to various information devices, including a computer.
In what format should I download books to my computer?
There are several basic possibilities:
- PDF. One of the most popular formats for reading books from a PC. It is characterized by convenient page-by-page navigation and clear image reproduction. The disadvantages include the “large” weight of downloaded works.
- TXT. Literary works presented in this format take up little space and can be opened on any gadget. But some disadvantages affect the level of reading comfort. The text is a solid canvas, not divided into chapters, paragraphs, or paragraphs.
- RTF and DOS. A simple and convenient option. The text can be modified at your discretion: align, choose the type and size of the font. The main disadvantage is that the book takes up a lot of hard disk space.
- EPub and FB2 are also suitable for viewing text materials on a laptop, but for the correct display of information, it is recommended to download specialized programs.
Additional features for downloading books
To have complete information about what format to download the book to your computer, you need to pay attention to additional options.
- If a literary work is rare or has historical value, its scanned copy is usually stored in DJVU format.
- Pages of works can be photographed (jpg extension). This option is rational to use for works containing a large number of images.
- Audio versions are available for download in MP3 format.
The answer to the question of which format of the book to choose for the computer will depend on the individual preferences and technical features of the gadget used. Each presented version has some advantages for comfortable reading of your favorite works.